Thursday, April 23, 2009

Battle with the Beastmaster - Second Encounter

The enchanted forest, once again I made my way past it to reach the zombie infested swamp-land on search for the Beastmaster. My quest for the Beastmaster is something I couldn't ignore, for in the grasp of him, lies my Book of Seals. This book is somewhat precious and most required in order to complete my training. Each time an opponent is defeated, a seal is gained showing progress but now, this book lies in the hands of the Beastmaster and I have to get it back.
I walked into the swamp, surrounded endlessly by zombies. These pitiful creatures seemingly just stare blankly into space, their eyes full of emptiness, their faces without expressions. Although zombies, they are pretty much harmless making it easier to pass my way through. I reached an opening in the midst of the swamp and in the middle, stood the Beastmaster.
"So you've come again I see. Trying to get back your book? Never! Bwahahahahaha.....Its mine now..."
I could only flinch at the Beastmaster's growl, slowing raising my wand, "I shall claim those books back..not just mine but those of my comrades as well".
The Beastmaster grinned, and before him appeared a huge green snake. Its eyes diamond in shape with a yellowish hue, its skin shimmering as it hits the sun rays. The only thing was, it had two tails, as if its been exposed to gamma radiation. "You want your books eh, well its right over here. Come and take it..if you live.."
A snake, of all things a snake. I never really paid attention in my anti-venom lessons and now, hooked with with a slithery situation. I tried to recall which spell would be effective against that cursed reptile. I knew I had to make the first move, one bite from that creature could leave me poisoned if not death. Not losing my focus, raised my wand "aques electres". A gush of water charged with electric spurted out from the wand hitting the snake, doing practically no damage, only angering it more.
"Water?? You though of using water to kill a snake??Bwahahahahahaha...this will be easy. Finish him!!" The beast master let out a cynical laugh enough to frighten the birds away. The snake made its advance, slithering its way towards me, its eyes now red with anger.
I dodged the snakes attack, hopped onto a nearby plank and did a evasive move almost acrobatic like. Funny, never thought I was that flexible. Gaining an advantage behind the snake raised my wand again and shouted " sphericus pyrorus". I wasn't aiming for the snake this time, I hit a branch from on of those swamp trees which manage to break it off from the tree, falling right onto the reptile. A loud hissing sound followed next.
"Nooo..Slithus..return to me" The Beastmaster gave a cry and the badly damaged snake made its way slowly towards its master. I wanted to end it there, raised my wand for a final attack but I was moments too slow. The snake was back with its master who dissapeared behind a mist, only a vioce to be heard "This isn't over yet..you will pay for what you've done"...
Exhausted, I returned to my den, not realizing the whole battle took me 1 hour this time...

3 comments:

  1. Water? wahahah... thats a mutant snake, not a fire golem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Book of seals? Beastmaster? Battle? I doubt I'd ever get the idea if I weren't studying in Russia. :P

    ReplyDelete