Thursday, April 23, 2009

Battle with the Beastmaster - The Optical Queen Encounter

It was a bright sunny day, a cool breeze passed through my spine giving me the chills. This time, I wasn't alone, with me was the Warrior Princess Sook-Sook, a skillful young lady who was once said to bludgeon a thousand fishes together into a pulp with her bare hands. We were off on our journey to encounter the Optical Queen together. Now the Optical Queen is known for creating much illusions to deceive the eye, it was said what the eyes don't see, the mind don't know but in the eyes of the queen, what the eyes see is what you wouldn't know.

"Its rather cold out here, lets hitch a ride on those carriages" The Warrior Princess addressed, staring blankly into the open. Indeed it was a cold morning despite the sun, with a glance to her, i nodded my head in reply. "Ok".

We stopped the carriage a nearby distant from where the Optical Queen was, and continued the trail on foot. In my mind, memorizing the required spells to take control of the illusions that were to be produced. We reached a large door but before we could react to open it, a dreadful troll blocked our path. "What business have you over here? This place is off limits.." the troll mumbled through its stained teeth. " We are here on business with the Optical Queen..she is expecting us" we replied. The troll looks at us reluctantly, then swung the doors open. "wait here" it said in a low voice.

We waited a while before being entertained by the queen. " I was expecting you..Are you ready?" In unison, we nodded. Not saying anything else, the queen summoned before us a huge eyeball-like creature....

"Whats that?" I asked staring at the newly conjured creature. The queen gave a meek smile almost evil-like, " deal with it ". I took a step back, eyes still fixed on the creature, slowly I drawed out my wand. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Sook-Sook had already drawn out her club of bludgeoning, waiting to strike.
The eyeball-like thing attacked me first. I took another step back, raised my wand in the air "sphericus pyrorus", a fireball launched itself out of the wand hitting the eyeball in its sclera. The creature retaliated for awhile before striking again with a deadlier force. Again another fireball flew out and we were both engaged in a fierce battle. Unknown to me, the eyeball thing launched one of its tentacles behind me knocking me down. Seeing what just happened, Sook-Sook raised her club, with a shout, started to bludgeon te eyeball creature, drawing its attention away for awhile.

I got back on my feet and started casting back my fireballs on it. Finally, we managed to defeat the creature, exausted but unharmed. All a sudden, the atmosphere changed and the queen appeared again. " Congratulations! You done well to defeat the illusion, I shall free you from your bonds with me". The Optical Queen boomed back from her thone.

"We did it! We are free from the Optical Queen" Sook-Sook gave out a delighted yelp. I just smiled for reply, knowing that I would have to encounter the Beastmaster later, only alone this time....

2 comments:

  1. 1)Your illusion hurt my eyes.. bloody painful now, can you just change the font into grey?

    2)careful blogging about the warrior princess, she has more than her buldgeon to show her dissatisfaction..

    3)don't worry about the beast master, you'll have unlimited number of zombies to accompany you.. wahahhah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't talked bout the beastmaster yet..this one sub story..the optical queen encounter =p

    ReplyDelete